As a professional, you look at others getting themselves a website and often wonder whether you really need a website. The answer is: you really do!You might think that a website it just another form of advertising. But that's not the case. A website essentially is a practical way to share your information with not just your clients, but also with the world. Promoting your business on-line is just one of the few things that you can achieve with a website. Here's why, as a professional you need a website:
According to www.internetworldstats.com, in June 2011, there were 2,110 million Internet users worldwide. This translates into a whopping 30.4% of the world population! Needless to say, most, if not all of these users are potential customers for at least one kind of product or service that is being sold online.
At a time when driving all the way to one end of the city to shop from one's favorite store or to buy tickets or pay bills is becoming a very time consuming affair, customers are increasingly relying on e-commerce.
Today, when one customer expresses his or her opinion on the Internet, it is read by several others. The Web has amplified the voice of customers because of the many tools available on-line. Blogs, podcasts, forums, ratings, reviews...the information being posted and read is by aware individuals who have the means to connect and listen to each other. In the previous blog, we saw the power of word of mouth publicity. Now let's take a look at how to productively use it:
The very intention of setting up a blog for your business is to make it available on the Internet for all to read and know more about the area of business in which you operate. Of course, the icing on the cake would be to see your blog featuring among the top Google searches. Why Google you might ask next? Because Google's share in the search traffic market amounts to nearly 80% and continues to grow. Other search engines such as Yahoo!, MSN and Ask share the remaining 20%.
You'll agree when we say that one happy customer is the best brand ambassador you can hope to get. After all, as an entrepreneur, you are no stranger to the power of word-of-mouth publicity. The rules of business on the Internet are no different. In fact, opinions (good or bad) spread much faster online than they would otherwise. Several studies have been conducted to measure the real results that word-of-mouth publicity can get you. Here's what the figures indicate:
If starting a business takes efforts, maintaining it and nurturing it to get desired results is the real challenge. Thankfully, there are several tools on the Internet that can supplement your efforts and make your business grow. Here are some online tools that help you squeeze the potential of the Internet to the last drop:
The bottom line of advertising and promotional activities is the same—to give your brand visibility and to increase sales. Ironically, that's where the similarities end. As an entrepreneur, it's important to decide at the outset which of these two options is best suited to your business.
In a day and age when it's hard to find individuals who are not on Facebook, why should it be any different for new-age business enterprises? After all, your business needs as much social networking as you do in order to grow.
You've heard that old adage--out of sight, out of mind. This belief is more relevant today than ever before, what with businesses increasingly moving ahead to harness the power of the Internet. In fact, in today's scenario it would be more appropriate to say, out of 'site' is out of mind!
There was a time when you could rely on the humble yellow pages or the telephone to get you more business. But that was then. Now, the Internet is the most sought after fishing ground to do business. And the easiest way to make your presence felt on the world wide web is by having a website--a virtual gateway to millions of prospective customers which provides real results.